In 2018, 1 million new cases of gastric cancer were diagnosed1
In 2018, 1 million new cases of gastric cancer were diagnosed with a 5 year survival rate of 31%.1 Given these statistics, it is now the 3rd most common cause of cancer related deaths.1
Cellvizio® Clinical Value
Cellvizio provides physicians with microscopic images of tissue during standard endoscopies, in real-time, which enables a reliable diagnosis of Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia.2
This allows for an early detection of Gastric Cancer with an accuracy of 98%. Cellvizio’s targeted biopsies also decrease unnecessary biopsies by 68%.2,3
Cellvizio mucosal assessment using Cellvizio® GastroFlexTM UHD Miniprobe
Cellvizio provides physicians microscopic images of tissue during standard endoscopies, in real-time.
In addition to targeting biopsies2, physicians utilize Cellvizio to detect early dysplasia, which improves diagnostic accuracy,3 as well as guide endoscopic resection through margin evaluation before, during, and after endoscopic treatment.4,5.
Prof. Yanqing Li, Qilu Hospital Shandong University
1. World Health Organization: International Agency for Research on cancer, 2018, http://gco.iarc.fr/today/online-analysis-table? v=2018&mode=cancer&mode_population=continents&population=900&populations=900&key=asr&sex=0&cancer=39&type=1&statistic=5&prevalence=0&population_group=0&ages_group%5B%5D=0&ages_group%5B%5D=17&nb_items=5&group_cancer=1&include_nmsc=1&include_nmsc_other=1
2. Li Zhen et al. Confocal laser endomicroscopy for in vivo detection of gastric intestinal metaplasia: a randomized controlled trial, Endoscopy, 2013.
3. Bok G.H. et al. The Accuracy of probe-based Confocal Endomicroscopy versus Conventional Endoscopic Biopsies for the Diagnosis of Superficial Neoplasia (with videos). Gastro-Intestinal Endoscopy, 2013.
4. Pittayanon R. et al. Flexible Spectral Imaging Color Enhancement plus probe-based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy for Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia Detection. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2013.
5. Pittayanon R. et al. The Learning Curve of Gastric
Intestinal Metaplasia Interpretation on the Images Obtained by probe-based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy (pCLE). Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy, 2012.