Cellvizio® is the real-time in vivo cellular imaging platform that enables you to characterize areas of interest with confidence in Bilio-Pancreatic Strictures in cases where conventional disease screening returns ambiguous results.
Live unlimited tissue assessment with Cellvizio enables superior characterization of indeterminate biliary and pancreatic strictures
Bilio-pancreatic strictures remain very difficult to diagnose due to the difficulty of getting adequate tissue samples. With Cellvizio, physicians can see the stricture at the microscopic level, in real-time during the ERCP procedure, which enables more accurate and instantaneous classification.
This translates into the ability to detect more malignant strictures during initial ERCP procedure, thus reducing repeat procedures and offering patients an earlier and more informed treatment option. It also makes it possible for the physician to rule out disease and send a patient home with high confidence. 1,3
Benign Stricture: Visualized with Cellvizio CholangioFlex miniprobe4
Visualized with Cellvizio CholangioFlex miniprobe4
Higher detection of Cancer in ERCP with Cellvizio
The newer endoscopic imaging modality of CLE has kindled an interest in the field of advanced imaging offering a real-time histopathologic evaluation of the pancreaticobiliary system. It has strengthened and extended the arm of the gastroenterologist from a therapeutic endoscopist to an endopathologist. The novel use of this technique is particularly of significance in differentiating indeterminate biliary strictures as treatment depends on an accurate and prompt diagnosis.
Pr. Shajan Peter
University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
1. Meining A. et al. Direct Visualization of Indeterminate Pancreaticobiliary Strictures using Probe-based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy - A Multicenter Experience.
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2011.
2. Meining A. et al. Classification of Probe-based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy findings in Pancreaticobiliary Strictures. Endoscopy, 2012.
3. Caillol F, Bories E, Autret A, Poizat F, Pesenti C, Ewald J, Turrini O, Delpero JR, Monges G, Giovannini M. Evaluation of pCLE in the bile duct: final results of EMID study : pCLE: impact in the management of bile duct strictures. Surg Endosc. 2014 Dec 10.
4. Slivka et al. Validation of the diagnostic accuracy of probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy (pCLE) for the characterization of indeterminate biliary strictures: results of a prospective multicenter. GIE, 2015
5. Caillol et al. Refined Probe-Based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy Classification for Biliary Strictures: The Paris Classification. Dig Dis Sciences 2013