Cellvizio Optical Biopsy enables “on the spot” characterization of intestinal metaplasia and early gastric cancer
Early-stage stomach cancer is very difficult to detect because it rarely causes symptoms. By the time the symptoms appear, the cancer has often reached an advanced stage, and in many cases, metastasized. This is one of the main reasons for its relatively poor prognosis. Cellvizio enables physicians to “see cancer faster” by providing microscopic images of tissue during standard endoscopies, in real-time, which allows better detection of intestinal metaplasia and early diagnosis of gastric cancer. 1 2 3 4 5
The Fastest Way to See Cancer
Cellvizio Optical Biopsy is a through-the-scope procedure that fits any standard practice and equipment.
Rapat Pittayanon, MD
Chulalongkorn University Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
- Pittayanon R. et al. The Learning Curve of Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia Interpretation on the Images Obtained by probe-based Confocal LaserEndomicroscopy (pCLE). Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy, 2012.
- Pittayanon R. et al. Flexible Spectral Imaging Color Enhancement plus probe-based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy for Gastric Intestinal MetaplasiaDetection. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2013.
- Li W.B. et al. Diagnostic Value of Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy for Gastric Superficial Cancerous Lesions. Gut, 2011.
- Li Z. et al. Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy for In Vivo Diagnosis of Gastric Intra Epithelial Neoplasia: a Feasibility Study. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2010.
- Guo Y.T. et al. Diagnosis of Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia with Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy In Vivo: a Prospective Study. Endoscopy, 2008.
- Prof. Yan Qing Li, Qilu hospital, Jinan, Shandong, China
- Dr. Wei Wu, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University of Medicine, China
- Bok G.H. et al. The Accuracy of probe-based Confocal Endomicroscopy versus Conventional Endoscopic Biopsies for the Diagnosis of Superficial Neoplasia (with videos). Gastro-Intestinal Endoscopy, 2013. a, b. Courtesy of Dr. Wei Wu, Reijin Hospital, Shanghai, Jiaotong University of Medecine, China